Did You Know?
- Georgia is one of the top 10 recycling states in the nation.
- There are more than 400 recycling businesses in Georgia, employing over 13,000 Georgians.
- Recycling one aluminum can save enough energy to run a television for three hours.
- Georgia firms process over 12 million scrap tires annually.
- Recycling a glass bottle can save enough energy to light a 100-watt bulb for four hours.
- Five recycled two-liter plastic bottles yield enough fibers for an XL t-shirt.
- Since 1991, more than 2.3 million Christmas trees have been recycled in Georgia.
The Chamber of Commerce is proud to recycle paper, plastic, aluminum cans and glass. Please join us in our recycling effort!
For more information, please contact:
LaGrange-Troup County Recycling Center
550 South Davis Road
LaGrange, GA 30241
Keep Troup Beautiful
333 Main Street
LaGrange, GA 30240